VFX Artist: Specializing in Compositing, BG Plate Prep, and Matchmoving
- Able to work in USA and Canada (Post Graduate Work Permit for CA).
-Current Demo Reel: http://www.vimeo.com/davewindhorst/demoreel2012
Wanting to learn, contribute, and grow with the VFX industry with a focus in compositing, BG plate prep, and matchmoving.
Nuke, Maya, Photoshop, 3ds MAX, After Effects, Matchmover, PFTrack, Syntheyes, Boujou, Digital Domain's TRACK 6 (Beginner), ProEngineer, Solidworks, Inventor, AutoCAD, Matlab, Mathematica, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access), Microsoft Windows OS, Linux (Beginner), Shotgun
Python, MEL, PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, Matlab, Mathematica, TCL
Camera Dept. duties: Perform camera/object tracking and matchmove as well as layout for CG sets/sequences for film/television.
Plate Prep Dept. duties: Perform Roto/Paint duties for tracker/wire removal, rotoscoping, and general BG plate prep painting for film/television.
Compositing duties: Assist in creating digital composites when required.
Perform Roto/Paint duties: Tracker and wire removal, rotoscoping, and general BG plate prep for film/television.
Made new and modified designs for floor machines (Used Solidworks, Matlab, Excel, and Access). Redesigned parts for repairs and modifications. Also helped begin establishing of database setup and structure for inventory of parts (collaborator between floor workers and IT).
Sorting, clerk, lifting, packing, etc. Problem solved customer wants on daily basis, and provided hands-on instruction for product and workflow needs.
- Selected to learn Digital Domain (Vancouver) proprietary software (TRACK 6) and company pipeline specific details for integration/tracking purposes. Included production simulation in the form of test shots to be tracked and evaluated. Training also provided an experience working in a Linux environment.
- Class Rep of 3D93, Diploma with Honors
Worked on Visual Effects Demo Reel under supervised deadlines and benchmarks/baselines. Shared knowledge and learned with peers and mentors on production topics. As class rep, provided communication support between students and admin staff - concerns, suggestions, and comments.
- HVAC Team Senior Project/Design (Team position was Pipeline/Software correspondent with Autodesk - established pipeline for project using Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, and 3ds MAX as well as train team members in the use of the software/pipeline).
- FE Mechanical Engineer Exam Certified (Passed PA Exam in April '11)
- HPVC - Human Power Vehicle Competition '08-'09 - (CAD Designer)
- ASHRAE - (Webmaster - Chapter 24: Pittsburgh site) (Current working)
- Order of St. George
- ACM SIGGRAPH - Association for Computing Machinery
- Marching/Concert Band (Trumpet)
- NHS - National Honor Society member
- NSHSS - National Society for High School Students member
- Marching/Concert/Jazz/Pep Band - (Trumpet, Webmaster, Operations Manager)
- German Club (Historian)
- Multiple Perfect Attendance Awards
- Mathematics Department Award
- Eagle Scout Award
- various leadership positions: Senior Patrol Leader, Junior Assistant Scoutmaster, Patrol Leader, Quartermaster, Bugler
- Order of the Arrow member - Brotherhood level
- Enjoy watching and learning about the history of movie making and equipment
- Enjoy camping, hiking, archery with scouts
- Playing the trumpet for various occasions
- Building things and taking them apart to see how they work (i.e. Legos, computers)
Available upon request.